One of these days soon, I am going to post an update about our outdoor patio. We moved in to our apartment over a year ago, and we have only just gotten around to doing something with the patio in the last couple of months. Ben finally bought himself a firepit which he has been talking about for years and we are slowly making it comfortable enough to enjoy once the rain finally stops.
We took one small step this afternoon and that involved succulents for the patio! I bought two planters a couple months ago from CB2- this one and this one - and they have been sitting empty just waiting for some action. So, today we went over to Bernal to the Succulence Life and Garden store - a fantastic little shop that we would highly recommend. The staff baby-stepped us through all things succulents and then helped us plant the planters with drainage, soil, succulents we picked out and some pebbles/rocks on the top. Here are some photos and we can't wait for it to stop raining so we can put these two gorgeous lookers out on the patio. More to come soon....
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Yikes! Sorry to keep you all hanging - busy couple weeks! Ben and I took a quick trip up to Tahoe last weekend to get some QT with Emmy and Raffi while they were there and to get a day of skiing in. It was just the fill of fresh air we both needed!
- This made me laugh - Gwyneth Paltrow is absurd.
- Here are this year's James Beard winners and La Taqueria won a James Beard!
- Just love these onesies - if you're in my life and having a baby - you're likely getting one!
- My birthday is on Sunday and all we have planned is a big Indian dinner so I can feast on butter chicken and naan - for those in SF - here is a map of indian food in the city!
- Sarah Hurwitz is the epitome of classy and awesome and this piece is a great read.
- Loving this dress - is it summer yet?!