Wednesday, May 16, 2012

rice paper.

Before Ben moved to Michigan, we tried to do regular date nights. Sure, we spent most nights together anyway, but it was our thing to set aside Tuesdays for us. This summer is going to be such a whirl wind that I don't know that we will do it but I am still keeping my eye out for good spots. One of which is this Vietnamese place out in Falls Church, Rice Paper.

Here is the thing. Basically since I left Vietnam, I haven't had any kind of urge to revisit the country's culinary delights. If anything, I have avoided them. People mention delicious Vietnamese, and I basically started having flashbacks to a lot of cold tofu and awkward, silent meals with the housekeeper!

But, this has suddenly changed. Just a couple weeks ago I starting jonsing for pho, for banh mi, bun cha, banh xeo, and more. Rice Paper is going to fit the bill...I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment