Friday, January 10, 2014

streeped.

I keep a loose, running list in my head of the top 5 (sometimes 10) people I would like to have lunch with in my life (living only). Prince Philip is definitely on there. He must have the best stories. Why not Queen Elizabeth you might be asking? The Queen wouldn't tell me anything but apparently Philip has a killer sense of humor, curses a good deal, and I am sure he would spill some good beans. I sincerely think we would get along really well and just think of all his stories.  But I digress, back to the point here. My list tends to change, and usually I can't remember who I have on it at any given time besides Prince Philip. All this is to get to the point that of course Meryl Streep is on it! How could I forget that? I have long loved Meryl, like the rest of the world, but not really because I inherited this love at a very young age because my Mom loves her. They both went to Vassar around the same time. Anyway, I think we can all agree that we love Meryl Streep. Now that I am thinking about it, I don't think I have ever heard someone say they don't. And how dare they if they do!

So for all of us, Meryl Streep lovers, I give you this gem from Vanity Fair. It is the transcript of the speech she gave last week when she spoke about Emma Thompson to give her an award and then bashed Walt Disney.

I know I have been giving you all a lot of assigned reading lately, but this really is worth it. And great prep material for me before our big lunch together!

No comments:

Post a Comment