Friday, December 16, 2016

travelogue ~ hyderabad, india.

I've been delinquent on posting about my quick trip to India. I went to Hyderabad for work, and while it was only a couple of days, it was an awesome glimpse into India. I ate my fill of butter chicken (no, seriously, I really ate too much butter chicken) and my colleague, Gaurav, was so hospitable and the perfect company.  In truth, we working a lot and didn't get out to see as much as I would have liked. Also, Hyd is huge and spread out and it takes forever to get anywhere because of the traffic, and I did not do a good job of documenting and taking pictures. Nonetheless, here are a couple highlights from the tour de force!

It such a big city in all directions, buildings upon buildings...


We went to a market near the office - I loved the colors in this wrap and there were so many cool lamps and lanterns...


This guy selling heart balloons on the street made my night.


We took some rides in these "autos" - they are chaotic and amazing and a little unstable - but how could you not, right? Interesting bit, Uber is huge in India. People love the air conditioning, the closed car and they are frustrated with the autos and their prices - so there is a lot of intense competition.


On Saturday, before I left, I went to visit the Chowmahalla Palace. It was beautiful and empty, so I wandered through the palace buildings and the grounds.


And on the way back to the hotel, I took a couple pictures along the way...


It was a whirlwind visit and I feel so lucky to have gotten to go. And who knows, maybe Ben and I will make that trip soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment