Saturday, March 25, 2017

hamilton.

For Christmas, I got Ben tickets to Hamilton through a special Facebook offer and we went this past week! Full disclosure, I figured it would be entertaining enough, but was skeptical it would live up to all the hype. But wow. I was wrong. So very wrong.


Hamilton was brilliant. It lived up to and exceeded everything I had heard. Lin-Manuel Miranda is our modern Shakespeare, not to mention the choreography and set were both shows in and of themselves. The morning after I bought the full album and have been listening to it on repeat since. If I could go back for another round tomorrow, I would be there in a heartbeat. A couple months ago, I listened to this Fresh Air interview with Lin Manuel Miranda, and now I am finally reading and watching everything on the musical I can get my hands on...here are a couple good ones in case you are interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment