Sunday, October 23, 2011

π + beer.

Yesterday morning, while running some errands, I stumbled upon a newly opened pizzeria, District of Pi Pizzeria on F street in Penn Quarter. The door was ajar and I couldn't help but sneak a peak inside. I was duly impressed. It was 10:00 a.m. and obviously not open but the manager invited me in for a quick tour and after the 2 minutes, I decided to head back for dinner with a group of friends.

The restaurant opened about six weeks ago and I can happily report back it was a great experience!  The bar area is long and comfortable and the beer selection is solid. The host was on top of it and did a spot-on job of juggling the front area. The dining area has exposed brick and great tables and the service was very well done. Most importantly, the pizza did not disappoint. The menu offers deep and thin crust pizzas with corn meal crusts. Our group ordered two small pies and two large pies. All of it was eaten. In short, I will go back and recommend you do the same!





No comments:

Post a Comment