Tuesday, January 24, 2017

work it.

It is amazing how long it can take to feel settled and comfortable in a new place. We have now been in our apartment for just over a year and it is finally feeling pulled together and put together. For those who haven't seen it - our apartment is a loft in the mission. Ben absolutely loves it. I have taken more time to warm to it - I have joked that it feels like a shipping container and openly mused about missing doors and having a bed for guests to stay in. Nonetheless, it is great and we are so lucky to be in it - and who the hell knows when we will ever live in a loft again.

This little corner under our stairs has come a long way since we moved in. Here it is last spring...


It actually stayed like this for a long while, until I couldn't handle it any longer and forced Ben to go to Lowe's with me and pick up supplies so we could turn it into a functional space. We picked up some wood (I can't remember now exactly what it was), some white paint, pipe, flanges and screws and threw this together in a quick afternoon.


And after we cleared out the space, this is what we have basically been living with for the last 5ish months.


A significant improvement, but oh so plain. I am slowly adding to the corner and while we have a little bit more to do on it, I figured I needed to bring you up to speed. We have added the CB2 wall pockets (not currently available) and also these CB2 metal memo holders.


Slowly but surely, this corner is coming along - more to come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment