Saturday, September 28, 2013

work time.

Talk about the week getting away. NY was beautiful. Gorgeous actually. I didn't really get to enjoy the city since our days were packed at UNGA but it was nice to be back even just for the walk back to the hotel at night....

In huge news, I was running through Grand Central on Monday morning en route to the UN and I was starving. I figured I would just check to see if my old regular bagel/coffee shop, The Lunch Box, was still open. It was! This place is tucked in the bowels of the GrayBar building, perfectly hidden from tourists and crowds but connected to Grand Central. You can only imagine how thrilled I was. I used to grab something every single morning, oh how I miss being a regular in NY! It is right by the tracks so all of the Amtrak/train folks are moving through and I just love it. And they have renovated and gotten bigger. It is still a hole in the wall but a bigger one. If ever you are in need of a phenomenal egg sandwich or bagel in Grand Central, definitely go find it! I stopped in all three mornings for old time's sake...

Of course, I also swung by to see Shirley at Spa Butterfly (click here if you don't know what I am talking about) and I stopped in to Fish's Eddy and ABC Carpet when I had some down time on Sunday evening. On my way out of town, I literally ran through the MoMA! I went straight to the photography, hustled through the painting and sculpture exhibition to make sure the Pollacks and Rothkos were still there and stopped for a second to take in the garden view!

I also snuck in a spectacular run early Wednesday morning along the west side.

But I was there for work and work I did. The days were packed and long but they also included amazing moments, including a great staff reception with POTUS, Kerry and the Ambassador...

And another beautiful room with POTUS and FLOTUS in the Waldorf...

And seeing Desmond Tutu...Great stuff NY, great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment