Friday, October 19, 2012

spa butterfly.

Speaking of passing on the love, here is my big give today, and I promise you won't go wrong. Let me first give you some context.

During the 2008 campaign, I worked in the GrayBar building attached to Grand Central. There were many days when the only time I got outside was the one block I walked to and from my apartment and the subway. Because the GrayBar is attached to Grand Central, I would go straight into the office and wouldn't get out of work until 11 or 12 at night. But, once a week for 40 minutes, I would escape outside and across the street to Spa Butterfly.


Spa Butterfly is hands down, no question, absolutely the best manicure I have ever gotten. In my life.  More specifically, Shirley, is your go-to woman. I love Shirley. To this day when I go to New York for a visit, I head uptown to Spa Butterfly and Shirley greets me. We talk about her son, about her mother and family in China, and of course we talk about the crazy ultra-rich east side women that come in to get their nails done.

Spa Butterfly is big inside. Really nicely designed. Quiet but busy. All the staff in there are great (Shirley is obviously the best though). Yes, the manicure and pedicure is a touch more expensive, but every bit of it is worth it. Spa Butterfly is on my mind because Emily was in NYC this week and she went and loved it. See! I am telling you.

So, there you go. The next time you are in NYC, do yourself a favor and head up there. I recommend during the day when it isn't as busy. But, you can always make an appointment. And if you go, ask for Shirley and tell her I say hi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment