Friday, October 5, 2012

book club.

I just finished reading Freedom From Fear. It a compilation of Suu Kyi's writings and on the heels of getting to see her during her visit in DC (click here to read about that) this was a quick yet powerful read. Now I want to see last year's film, The Lady.

I am moving on to Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth. Book Club chose it for our November meeting and I am looking forward to it. Not to mention, apparently there is a PBS piece that accompanies and so we might just end up watching that too! With some wine obviously, like any good book club should!
And, I also have Let the Great World Spin in my bag. I have heard about it from two different people, so I figured it was time I pick it up and give it a go. I will let you know how it is. In the meantime, any more book recommendations? Good reads? I would love to add to my list...

1 comment:

  1. i dont have any recs....but how did i not know you were in a book club? ive always wanted in a book club.

    ReplyDelete