Monday, October 29, 2012

sandy time.

It has been a very productive day over here on N Street today thanks to Sandy. Of course, the storm has really only begun and I will be the first to admit that maybe I should have stocked up with some provisions but I think folks might have gone a touch crazy in the grocery store yesterday. I do regret not buying milk though! Anyway, I started the day by reading the latest Anthology issue (thank you again Hannah!).


This issue was called Rhythm & Hues and one of the stories made mention of The Silver Seas. So, I downloaded some of their music and have had this one on repeat throughout the day.


Around 9ish I started baking. I started with some chocolate chip cookies. After that, I made two loaves of banana bread (click here for the recipe from a post before - so good!).

Once the bread was done, I started in on a pumpkin pie. I wanted to test this recipe from Bon Appetit for Thanksgiving. I haven't tried it yet but it looks good and smells so good!

And finally, I finished up with some brownies. Here is the full production!


Am I scared about being bunkered into my apartment for a potential two full days with sugared carbs? Nope. After this picture, they were all promptly packaged and stored...hopefully they survive to Wednesday!

I also watched the latest episode of Homeland (thank you again Jordan + Hannah!).


I am about to get some reading done and catch up on paperwork. If the power goes out and there is still light I plan on making the most of this nail polish with an at home manicure. One of the few things I did grab in CVS yesterday.


I will say. While I might have forgotten milk and should have planned more for subsequent meals, the smartest thing I did do was buy this bunch of flowers! With a huge storm outside and everything is grey, this splash of color is really nice right now!


Hope everyone is safe and dry!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're liking Anthology! And wow, Mar...you've outdone yourself with those baked goods. YUM!

    ReplyDelete