Sunday, November 16, 2014

nesting.

We have been meaning to buy a Nest for about a year and finally got around to it last week. It is as awesome as we expected and then some. Seriously. For those who don't already know, the Nest is a digital thermostat. In addition to looking awesome and being extremely user friendly, it also saves energy and money. In fact, while I was on the phone with someone at Nest right before we installed it, the guy started telling me how he has already made back the cost of it in less than 6 months. We love it. It is also a smart thermostat, in that it learns your routine and then starts to automatically adjust the temperature based on your past behavior. It now automatically lowers the temperature at night (around 10) and this morning when I woke up it had already started to warm the house back up around 5:30 before I woke up. And, you can also control it from an app on your phone. I am telling you, it is a gamechanger!

No comments:

Post a Comment