Tuesday, December 9, 2014

side show.

I almost forgot to update on the bedside table. I don't know what took me so long, I have been putting this project off for months and in painful stages when it really could have all been done in an afternoon. The lamp in the guest room has been sitting on the floor since July. I finally got around to doing a quick paint job - yay for productivity! Here is the table before...this was actually a leftover piece from the apartment I rented in 2010. The previous tenant had left it for me, and so it traveled to my next apartment and then on to our house. I always liked the shape of it - just wasn't big on the color/stain.

A couple months ago, when it was still warm and wonderful outside, I took the sander to it.

And then when it was cold and frosty outside, I dragged it back outside...

Then I left it in the hands of my new best friend, Graco the paint sprayer (click here if you want to know all about her) and did a very easy paint job. And here is the final product. Admittedly, the paint job itself isn't great if you get up close (I had some control/valve issues!)...but for now, it will do. I will probably sand some of the edges and do a second coat in the spring when it is warm again...

Not bad, right? How great does the little alarm clock look? I had mentioned it a while back here. It is from Anthropologie - great holiday gift idea! 

And here is the full room shot as of now. There is still work to be done but coming along. Next up are headboards....so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment