Saturday, December 6, 2014

the summitts.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love Tennessee women's basketball through and through. This started very early. I adore Pat Summit. I started following Candace Parker when she was in 8th grade. I was borderline obsessed with Chamique Holdsclaw and still occasionally check in on Tamika Catchings. And, I won't stand to have anything UConn or Auriemma related in our house or near me. I was devastated by Summit's diagnosis two years ago- not just because of the actual diagnosis but because she had so many years left to coach and for her legacy. So, earlier this week when I saw that 60 minutes did a feature on Tyler Summit, we spent 20 minutes trying to hunt it down online a couple of nights ago. I finally got to watch it today and I actually cried watching it. Besides having watched him grow up on tv on the sidelines of his mother's games, and besides the fact that he is Pat's son, he is just impressive on his own. Always a Volunteers fan but now I'll also have my eye on the Lady Techsters. Great stuff. This is great great stuff. You should watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment