Tuesday, February 26, 2013

back again.

Well hello there! I have been taking a bit of a hiatus from posting lately. I had been feeling kind of dried out from it but with some encouragement (and a deal made this weekend), I am going to try and get back in the rhythm.

With that said, there is so much that has happened in the last couple weeks, I can't even catch you up on all of it. So, instead, I was standing in my apartment this morning trying to remember where I left my credit card and while looking around I noticed so many gifts and projects and objects of love that I thought I would share some...here we go!

Ben is coming to DC on Thursday night for a whole ten days for his spring break! He always leaves me messages on the chalk board in my kitchen when he leaves and this is from his last visit. It makes me smile...
New Vitamix! The whole family put in to get me a Vitamix for my birthday and I could not be more thrilled. I am making juices and smoothies every day. Not to mention, I am going to make soup later tonight in it and probably spin up some hummus later this week with artichokes and garlic. I have already noticed the different in my energy levels from the boost in vegetables and fruits in my daily diet.
This Valentine that Stella made for me (with a little help from Aunt Livvy) is prominently featured on the refrigerator. 
This is a beautiful bowl that we bought in Morocco and it fell victim to the long trip back. But, I am working on it and have a plan to hopefully bring her back to life...

These popcorn boxes that I picked up this weekend in Hill's Kitchen. For next year when we host an Oscar party!
 Emily got me this amazing tea from Bellocq in Brooklyn for my birthday. The smell is just unreal!

 A birthday card from my trio of nieces in North Carolina...so sweet!

My newest addition to a cookie cutter collection that I just started a couple months ago...

Mud and sea salts from the Dead Sea that Alison brought back for me from her adventures in Jordan. I can't wait to try them!
My favorite line of teas. I have started drinking a cup of tea every afternoon. I love The Republic of Tea line. They have a whole range of different kinds, these are the three I am rotating through right now and highly recommend.


2 comments:

  1. So glad to have you back in blogland Mar! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! i win! This was the best deal ever. I get you blogging and House of Cards in my life and the only thing ive lost is 4 hours of sleep!

    ReplyDelete