Tuesday, February 5, 2013

plotting.

I haven't done anything DIY in a while. Last night I started to write down a list of projects that I want to tackle. I think I have been in the thick of the winter blues for the last month and finally feel like I am coming out of it. Work is especially slow this week and so this morning I happened on to Craigslist just to see what is popping up. More specifically, I just wanted to see what the brass chandelier situation was. Why you might ask?

In early December, Jenny Komenda wrote a post on her blog all about how she painted this brass chandelier that she put in her dining room. (note: Komenda is brilliant and I live for her posts!). Here is a picture of her finished product...amazing right?!

Then we went on our trip. And guess what happened? There was a fantastic, painted brass chandelier in the bedroom in our AirBNB apartment in Barcelona! It was like the gods are telling me we have to find a house so that I can do a DIY chandelier. It was all white and I loved that it was in the bedroom. Of course, this only works with high ceilings. (note 2: Ben isn't quite there on this project yet but we all know he will come around on it!).

Anyway, all this is to say, this morning, I was thrilled to find (within a minute!) brass chandeliers a plenty on craigslist. Uh oh! These aren't quite right, but I am already plotting for this project...

No comments:

Post a Comment