Tuesday, April 29, 2014

cleansed.

Sorry for the silence! Life has just been so damn busy lately, I have been feeling stretched thin. I also decided to do a cleanse this week, my first ever. I am on day 2 and while cutting out many things that I love dearly (caffeine, dairy, meat, carbs, and sugar) - it isn't as bad as I would have thought. This is still a food friendly cleanse - so I am eating a lot of veggies, fruit, smoothies and quinoa. Last night, we made a fantastic broiled salmon with asparagus and quinoa. Our friend, Amanda, is a nutrition and holistic health coach and she and her partner are running the cleanse - so I figured why not! (In case you are interested, Amanda's personal site is: http://myediblesunshine.com/ and her other site is: http://craftedwellness.wordpress.com/). 

More to come I am sure...but for right now - here is the smoothie recipe I used this morning that was fantastic...even Ben liked it!

Vanilla Protein Smoothie
serves: 1 - 2
Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 handful of spinach
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 banana
1 scoop Sun Warrior vanilla protein powder (chocolate is available too)
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
A handful of ice cubes
Water to blend
Directions:
In a high-powered blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment