Thursday, April 10, 2014

philly time.

Ben lost a bet last night and as such, he has to take me on an overnight to Philadelphia! 

I have been wanting to do this for a while but Ben has strong feelings about Philadelphia and no interest in visiting. Fortunately, my boyfriend is a good loser and I also channel what Churchill put so well, “in war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity." - so it  is going to be a great time in the city of brotherly love!

Grandpolly was from Philadelphia and we spent a lot of time on the Main Line and around Philadelphia, I can't wait to get back. There is no date for this and no true rush, but I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions on what we should do and see. I definitely want to go to see The Barnes Foundation. It is supposed to be an incredible and renowned collection of art. It was recently moved (with great controversy - see this NYTimes piece from 2012) to downtown Philadelphia. I also want to run along the river waterfront (or Fairmont Park?) - I remember loving the boathouses when we used to drive into Philly. The city has also been experiencing somewhat of a food renaisance - so in addition to a philly cheesesteak - restaurants like Talula's Garden and Federal Donuts were already on my preliminary list. 

I'll keep you posted on the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment