Wednesday, December 12, 2012

gifted.

I just finished my annual honor of giving the Lea family their secret santa assignments for this year. Yes, that's right, part of my duty as Scott's best friend and since college has been working out the giving tree each year and emailing everyone to tell them who they are giving to this year. 
Anyway, that got me thinking. Our family is especially hard because there are so many of us. And now that we are getting older with partners and kids, the gift giving has gotten to be really quite a project. While home at Thanksgiving, my Dad suggested we stop giving gifts at Christmas. I was not having any of it. I think some kind of giving is really important in family. Not to mention all the reasons for tradition and cheer and love. But, I do agree that in the thick of holiday season, it can be a lot. What do you all think? It seems like there are all kinds of ways that families think of to celebrate but ease the burden of gifting. Do you all do anything special?

No comments:

Post a Comment