Thursday, December 13, 2012

union market.

I got out of work last night a little later and decided to head over to Union Market. I have been meaning to go for months and realized if I didn't go last night, I probably wouldn't get there until late January. So, I jumped on the metro, made the walk up Florida in the dark to a very open, dark industrial lot. It is definitely gritty and isolated. Much better if you have a car but I was happy to see that the bus stop is right by there and ended up grabbing the 92 back to my side of town later.

Anyway, the Market is very very cool. It reminded me a lot of the Oxbow Public Market in Napa (click here for a Napa recap!). It is an open, very well renovated space with a lot of light and a great layout. There were great little bars/restaurants as well as farm counters for locally sourced produce. There was also a fantastic little store in there, Salt & Sundry (which happened to have these dishes from Poketo in the store). Right now there are 16 Artisans in the market, including a creamery, bakery, butchery, oysters and more. I recommend it! Go support local business and a great new venture and cool space in a developing area. Great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment