Monday, December 17, 2012

trick of the trade (vol. 5).

Been a while since I've posted in this series, and figured today was a good day for it in light of the serious online shopping that happens in December. My colleague at work, Melanie, taught me this a couple months ago about saving some dollars online with promotional codes. So, here you go, passing it on to all of you.

When you buy online and get to the payment page, most stores will provide a coupon or promotion code line. It looks something like this:

When you see this, open a new window and go to: www.retailmenot.com. At the top of the page, type the store you are shopping at in the search bar. As an example, I am using Jcrew. After you press enter, it will pull up a list of coupons. Scroll through and see if any of them apply to you. And to get the details and more information, you can click on them. Sometimes it won't have anything, but today for example, I went to buy a pair of shoes on Sole Society, did a quick search, and saved myself $20!


You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment