Friday, June 5, 2015

weekend read file.

Happy Friday! I am excited for the weekend - we are going on a hike tomorrow, celebrating a friend's last game of the season and catching up with some friends and their baby that we haven't seen in a long while. Should be busy and easy. But first, to get your weekend started, some material below to read up on...

In my graduation speech round-up last week, I forgot to include Joe Biden's Yale Class speech, which really was a good speech but obviously all the more poignant given this past week. Would definitely recommend it....

This made me laugh out loud - I love this picture and no doubt every parent out there will appreciate!

I know pretty much everyone has moved on from The Jinx and Robert Durst, but I forgot to share these a while back - so this Jezebel piece about Durst's wife and then this follow-up piece about Durst and the documentary.

In a shameless plug, Ben wrote this great op-ed in The Hill last month about antitrust issues - and you should read it!

Malcolm Gladwell has strong feelings about Paulson's Harvard gift...

And this story about the Red Cross in Haiti came out earlier this week - and is worth the read and to keep in mind the next time you are donating during a crisis (in a past life I worked at the American Red Cross and uh...yeah...ask me about it sometime!)...

Hope everyone has a great weekend and finger's crossed for the end of this rainy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment