Thursday, March 15, 2012

british invasion.

I finally emerged from a dark hole of three months of stress and studying...and just in time for day-light savings and gorgeous weather! And to top it off this week, I got to celebrate my oral exams completion with the British. Let me explain.
Prime Minister Cameron came to DC this week and by luck, I got on the invite list for the arrival ceremony. It was me and approximately 7,000 other very important people in the District. (Most important was Ms. Lindsay...and we luckily arrived right around the same time and we got proper quality time together). Really, the point of this is I love pomp. I inherited this from my Mom. I can tell you that this occasion really satisfied my appetite for it. There were lots of people in uniform and a good deal of marching around. They gave us little flags to wave. There were some kids with adorable english accents and it was a beautiful spring morning. Obama and Cameron were witty and entertaining in their speeches, and all in all it was a grand time. You know, just another morning at the White House...

No comments:

Post a Comment