Monday, March 26, 2012

iceland addition.

Ben and I are in an ongoing conversation about where we should go on our next trip. Up until about two weeks ago, the list was see-sawing between two places, one of which is Morocco (see here for the blog post). But there's a new dark horse that I have added to the list. This place has real potential and from the reading I have done so far on it, I am intrigued to say the least.

Say hello to Iceland!

That's right...the island between Greenland and Europe is really quite something. Let me lay out some of my sale's pitch on this one. The landscape and colors are striking. Iceland's south coast is stunning. The eastern fjords would make for an incredible jaunt. There are volacanos and lots of seismic activity to make it interesting. The fisherman towns are picturesque. The highlands in Landmannalauger are apparently a must-stop. Husavik is considered Europe's whale-watching capital. I love whales! Of course, the blue lagoon is awesome. And, from what I understand, highway 1, circles the entire country, so you can basically wrap around through it all.

Just wanted to update you on this latest development. Oh yeah...and it's cheap right now. Super cheap! Thoughts?!

No comments:

Post a Comment