Thursday, May 31, 2012

running fatigue.

Ben and I started running in the mornings this week. We figure that a lot of nights we get tied up doing other things and can't fit a run in. And, it is cooler in the mornings. The mornings have been beautiful. It is good quality time (even if I can't talk during most of it), and yes, we feel really good about it for the rest of the day. With that said though, I have a love-hate relationship with running. And this morning was a rough one. I was frustrated. Even when we were running around the Washington Monument in the morning light, I was frustrated. So, my new plan is to get back to mapping our runs and timing them so I can track the progress. I'm very goal oriented. I also might have to buy myself some new running shoes!
Oh yeah...and we saw Chuck Todd this morning. It was a nice moment in front of the White House. Running by, Ben gave him the thumbs up and we both gave him a "hey chuck" greeting. He smiled and waved. We turned on Morning Joe when we got back. And then we watched Chuck on the White House Lawn. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment