Monday, May 7, 2012

weekender.

This was a great past weekend. I should have gotten more paper-writing done but I was justifiably distracted. On Saturday, I met up with the best of my Georgetown ladies for a brunch at Founding Farmers. The 12 of us went to town on the menu, including an order of pancakes to share.
 
After, Alison and I went out to Tyson's Corner for a marathon shopping trip. The mission was to find her a bridesmaid dress for her sister's wedding. We succeeded. I didn't end up buying anything, though I did find an Aqua Maxi Dress that I still want but can't justify. I also want to add that we stopped into Madewell and man, they are just doing everything right right now (more on that later!).

And last night, I went with Mols to the Kennedy Center Spring Gala! She invited me to go since Rags was out of town for business. Amazing. Cocktails on the terrace, dinner upstairs, after party on the rooftop! The night was honoring David Foster and let me just say, fantastic. As soon as I am done with finals, I am printing out a list of all the songs he has produced in his career and just downloading in force. It was beautiful and such a good night, not to mention incredible people watching. Mols and I also decided to talk to one of the performers at the after party. She then gave us her email and promised us backstage passes to her show with Michael Bolton in a month. Woohoooooooo! The only down side, it was such a good time, I forgot to document and take pictures along the way...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment