Friday, May 25, 2012

wednesday.

We have been on the run in New York since we got in on Tuesday night. Last night I was so exhausted I fell asleep in the car (with Ben's parents) on the way home from dinner. I only have time to tell you about Wednesday right now, that is just how much we have packed in! 

Tuesday night, Ben's Mom fixed this ravioli below...and how great are those bowls?!
Wednesday morning, Ben and I went in to get our teeth cleaned in his Dad's office. Happy to tell, and I am sure you want to know, that I have extremely healthy gums and no cavities. Ben and I took the train into the city to spend the afternoon. We grabbed a very quick bite at BaoHaus (where Tomi had taken me before...see here). Two dollar pork buns that hit the spot. And, look at their bathroom mirror!
 From there, we swung through Union Square. We both loved this new sculpture. It is so cool!
We are on the hunt for some new jeans for Ben. We happened to stop into a True Religion store. No jeans for Ben, but I did find this fantastic jean jacket. Love it...but absurd price-tag. We left.
We got to Fish's Eddy which was our first intended stop. I bought some more glass tupperware containers. The same ones I bought last year. I also picked up some of those 90 cent silverware since I only have 5 forks at the moment. I have always loved Fish's Eddy. Thankfully, I was restrained in my buying since I don't have room to take it back to DC in my bags.
We decided to mosy on downtown. We walked down through Washington Square Park. Continued south through a little bit of Soho. I loved this building and view down the street.
We walked east through a corner of Chinatown. Cut through the top of Little Italy. And, finally got to Barrio Chino. We were meeting friends for dinner and got there early to put our names in and have a drink date. We had both been here a couple years ago and needed a solid place for dinner...
It is small (8 tables) and charming. Grapefruit margarita was had....
We had a great dinner with Timmy, Amanda, Meg and Kris. No pictures, but onwards. We wrapped up and went up to the big event, Brad in concert at the Gramercy Theatre.
It was a great show. There were a number of songs I had not heard and am planning on downloading (I will fill you in on this more!). The venue was intimate but the crowd was a good size. Nothing better than some live music.

No comments:

Post a Comment