Sunday, April 1, 2012

ny.

I spent a very quick weekend in NYC to reunion with two of my best friends, Tomi and Maddie. We packed in a full weekend, so I am including only the best of the best! We had a great brunch at the Little Owl in the West Village. Scott and I had a fantastic dinner here years ago and it is still a charming and great little spot. I also have to add that those beignets were unreal!
We went to see the 9/11 Memorial. I have been wanting to go for a while and Maddie and Alex (her boyfriend) hadn't been as well. It was surprisingly cold so we didn't last long, but I'm glad we went.
After, we headed to Spa Butterfly in mid-town. I used to work in the GrayBar building right next to Grand Central and I swear that Spa Butterfly might be the find of my life. Best manicure in the city! And, it's also nice that Shirley still recognizes me every time I walk in. I have now known her for over four years, it's an odd but very special thing. Anyway...next time you are in the city, go get a manicure or pedicure. You won't regret it. And ask for Shirley and tell her Mary sent you!

Tomi introduced me to Baohaus for a quick (and cheap!) bite just east of Union Square. The pork buns were so good.
For dinner, we headed to Lure Fishbar in Soho and loved it! The food was great, we opted for a lot of sushi. I didn't take great photos, sorry. And, finally, this morning, Tomi and I went to David's Bagels on 1st Avenue. This was a big deal since I have been very loyal to Ess-a-Bagel ever since Ben introduced me to it when we first started dating. I am still partial to Ess-a, but frankly, any NY bagel hits the spot and David's was fantastic.

There was more to the weekend. And, the best parts can't be summed up here...I love seeing Maddie and Tomi and miss them. And, it was so good meeting Alex for the first time. And now...back to the grind!

2 comments: