Sunday, April 22, 2012

banana bread bliss.

Uh. I don't even know how to start this, so let me just go ahead and say it. I just made some of the best banana bread ever. Seriously. It is so good! Thank god I did not make two loaves. I am afraid what I would do by myself in this apartment with a whole loaf to myself! And thankfully, I had promised our tech guy at the office that I would bake something for him and I thus can't eat it all. Go buy yourself some bananas and make it. I am including some pictures of my glorious bread and the recipe below (I found it a while back on A Cup of Jo). 
Ingredients: 
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas (from about 3 bananas)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons bourbon
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
  • Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8x4-inch or 9x5-inch loaf pan. Set aside. 
  • In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. 
  • In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. 
  • Add eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute between each addition. Stop the mixer, scrape down sides of the bowl, and add bananas, lemon juice and bourbon. Beat until well incorporated. 
  • Turn the mixer to low and add the flour mixture all at once. Beat until almost incorporated. Stop the mixer and remove the bowl. Add the walnuts and chocolate chips and incorporate the last of the ingredients with a spatula. 
  • Batter will be thick. Spoon the mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment