Tuesday, May 1, 2012

ta-da.

Classes ended last week and since normally I have class on Tuesdays, I don't have to work today. Naturally, to relax and procrastinate, I decided to wash dishes this morning. I was cleaning out some cans for recycling and got an idea. So, I decided to do a quick project! I had bought two sheets of paper on sale last week at Paper Source when I was walking around Georgetown. $2! I have been circling them all week trying to figure out what to make of them. Here they are and my two cans:
Pretty, right?! So, I decided to start by painting the cans white. I had paint left over from this cork board project a couple months ago, and just went ahead with it. I did a couple coats and covered the whole can.
While they dried, I measured out strips to wrap the cans with. I left just a little lip at the top and bottom of each can to show a white rim and because I knew it would be easier to wrap later. 
And ta-da! Here is the finished product. I glued the paper down, and like I thought, it worked out well to paint the whole can because the glue held better to the painted surface than it would have just on the aluminum. 
I have needed some pencil holders on my desk for a very long while and these are perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment