Monday, January 16, 2012

cork it.

Back in the great District and to ease myself back into work mode, I decided to finally start attacking my to-do list. The easiest start was my cork board. I have needed something above my desk but was bored by my basic cork board, so I decided to dress it up. I also needed an excuse to use the Lotta Jansdotter Stencils that Olivia and Yuri got me for Christmas!
Here is the basic cork board I started with. 
Picked up some quick supplies at the hardware store. I wouldn't say these are high quality products but they did the job. 
I decided to start with the border and to paint it white. The initial plan was also to paint the cork board white...
But I decided that would turn into way too much white on the wall, so I opted instead just to stencil right on the cork with silver paint. 
I did 3 layers because the cork absorbed so much of the silver paint. 
The finished product! It works well. Not quite as good as I had wanted it to turn out but for now it serves the purpose!

1 comment: