Wednesday, August 15, 2012

light it up.

Remember these candle holders I found in the trash room a couple weeks ago? Well, last night I finally got the time to go to town on them! First, I washed and scrubbed them very well. After drying and inspecting them I tried out some colors on the bottom of them. My plan was to go with a really bright yellow but the color wasn't looking great when I applied a coat on the bronze so I made a game-time decision and went with green.

I mixed a tiny bit of water into the first coat of paint and then ultimately went with three coats of paint.  
 
Here is the final product! Right now it is a matte green. I really like them but am also thinking of doing a final spray coat that will make them shiny. Thoughts?!

All in all, very happy with my reclaimed candle holders and ready for a dinner party with them!

1 comment: