- too many cups of tea to count
- spectacular sunsets and sunrises in the Erg Chebbi dunes
- tile and tile and more tile.
- four of the coldest (so so cold) nights of sleep I have experienced
- falling in love with our driver, Yahia and a tearful goodbye with him in Fes
- Ben bargaining "like a true Berber" for two beautiful rugs in a women's co-op in the Todra canyon.
- the Atlas mountains, hair-pin turns, the Draa Valley and landscapes galore
- the best meat we tasted in the country at a dirty, awesome roadside grill in Zaida.
- kasbahs and souks, medinas and medersas
- jamon and lots of Gaudi
- walking the streets in Barcelona
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
And we're back! Our trip was fantastic. I can't wait to post more about it. There is so much to tell, I don't even know where to start. Just some of the highlights included: