Thursday, March 21, 2013

mj.

Well it has been quite a couple weeks. I started a new job just under two weeks ago and at the same time we also bought a house! I promise to tell more and show pictures soon but I wanted to be sure to check-in since I haven't been able to post lately. Fair warning that my posts will be less regular for the foreseeable future but I will do my best to update as much as possible.

In the meantime, to mark the start of March Madness and to celebrate what is absolutely one of the best days of the year - the first day of the tournament - I have to give you something related to basketball.

I used to be fully obsessed with Michael Jordan. My affection for him has waned (basically since Game 6 of 98'). Buy me a drink sometime and we can talk about how conflicted I am about Michael Jordan and how sad I am by how disappointing he has been in his basketball after-life. But I digress and there is still no forgetting those Michael years and all that pure basketball genius. He is, as an athlete, unmatched and as a person/athlete really a very interesting character. So in honor of all this, you have to go read this piece, Michael Jordan Has Not Left The Building.


But that's not all I got for you. After you read that, now go read these two pieces by Thomas Lake about MJ's high school coach, Did This Man Really Cut Michael Jordan? and A Letter to Michael Jordan: Shame On You For Refusing to Help Pop.  I don't know how I missed all this last year. Devastating.



Oh basketball, what a game, what a game!

No comments:

Post a Comment