Saturday, March 30, 2013

on the bench.

Ben and I are in some serious negotiation right now on the future of our front porch. I welcome you all to weigh in with your thoughts. I am determined to put a red bench on our front porch. Ben, on the other hand, wants rocking chairs. Now, I love me a rocking chair. But, we aren't geriatrics ready to rock out on the front porch, shouting at the young kids to pull up their pants up when they walk by and making sure no one parks in front of our fire hydrant. Quite the opposite. We are the cool, yuppie, young couple moving in with a good sense of style and I want a pop of color on the front porch. Not to mention, a bench is so welcoming! Just look at these below and tell me you don't want a red bench on our front porch.

We are working on a compromise. A bench with a rocking chair for Ben, but the man is almost as stubborn as I am...
P.S. If you happen to come across a bench on the cheap in the DC area, tell me quick! I will sand that sucker down and paint her up and you will forever be invited to come sit on the front porch!

1 comment: