Saturday, November 12, 2011

hirshorn's delight.

I was up early this morning and decided to make the most of the quiet and wander down to the Mall and over to the Hirshorn. I have been wanting to see the exhibit on Warhol's "shadows". It was phenomenal. First, because I had their entire outdoor sculpture garden to myself. I love this particular piece of an empty jacket.
And as you can see, the morning light and fall colors were falling perfectly. 
I was one of the first in the building when it opened and wandered up to the exhibit. It was basically me and the security guards. Photography was prohibited....but don't worry, I put myself on the line for my loyal readers and snuck in two photos!
The exhibit features 102 silkscreened and hand-painted canvases of distorted shadows. The Hirshorn's curved wall added some shape to it and the colors were fantastic. 
For my last stop, I went up to the third floor and sat in this great room. The view is expansive, the quiet is oddly comforting, and to top it off the huge leather couches are perfectly broken in. I left so relaxed!
Talk about a great Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment