Monday, November 21, 2011

oh new york, new york.

I'm headed north to New York tomorrow. So excited! I am having dinner with one of my best friends, T, in the city before I head up to Westchester for Thanksgiving. Most importantly, I finally get to see B... it has been 6 weeks. I've counted.

Today, while day dreaming about the city, I found these old photos of Penn Station. Couldn't believe what I was looking at. Just look at this gorgeous train station. What in the world could they have been thinking when they tore it down for a newer Madison Square Garden? My god, what a shame! Still the photos are quite something to look at and a peak into old New York.

Fun fact. Guess who saved Grand Central from a similar fate when plans were being drawn up to destroy it? Jackie O. Yup. That's right. We can thank her for the dark sunglasses trend AND Grand Central!

No comments:

Post a Comment