Friday, February 17, 2012

to celebrate.

I have been waiting to write this post for so long, so I am happy the day has arrived! Yesterday was Ben's birthday and I finally got to give him his birthday present. I had bought it months ago and it took all my self-control not to just tell him what it was. Drumroll please.....

Outstanding in the Field
Ben and I have had our eye on doing Outstanding in the Field for a couple years now, and his present this year will be a meal to remember! For those who don't know about it, Outstanding in the Field organizes dinners all over the country (and now the world!), in some of the most gorgeous settings you can imagine. They set up long tables on farms, in caves, along the coast, ranches, islands, and on. The pictures tell the story.
The food and meal is locally sourced and dinner is prepared by a celebrated chef in the region. Everyone shares the table. The farmers, producers, chef, culinary enthusiasts, and diners. It just seemed like the perfect gift for Ben. No better way to celebrate him then with some of his favorites - fine food, a beautiful place, culinary enthusiasts, and a story to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment