Monday, June 4, 2012

beaching.

Laura and I beached it up this weekend. She has a house in Ocean City, NJ. It was my first time on the Jersey Shore (excluding I think one time when I was little with my Grandma and Mom). Some fun facts, Ocean City is known as "America's Greatest Family Resort" and is a dry island. True story.

Anyway, we had an easy drive up, gorgeous weather, and a lot of beach.
Laura's house is a block from the sand and ocean and has rocking chairs. Life doesn't get much better.
We also celebrated Laura's decision to go to Stanford Law (underachiever) with her parents and a choice bottle of champagne.
On Saturday night, we drove over to Atlantic City to pick up some fantastic pizza at Tony's. Highly recommend!
We also took a walk down the boardwalk for some ice cream. Boom...take a look at that cone!
And on Sunday, we went back to the beach for some more! It was great. I read a lot of my book, "Madam Secretary" (more on that later), listened to the ocean, watched people on the beach, and enjoyed the heat. All that said, happy to be back in DC!


No comments:

Post a Comment