Wednesday, June 27, 2012

ephron.

There are so many Nora Ephron tributes going around at the moment. In truth, I didn't know all that much about her before today. But, based on everything I have read and heard, she sounds remarkable. Brilliant. Generous. Hilarious. And more.

To top it off, Ben just sent me this Frank Bruni piece, "At the Table, Nora Ephron Knew Best". It is beautifully written. It makes me regret not having realized who she was. There are also so many parts of this that remind me of what I love so much about Ben when he talks about food. That infectious spirit talking about food, sharing it, wanting to learn more, and the adventure in finding those fantastic food moments. Whenever Ben cooks food for someone else, there is always this moment where he is looking over to gauge the person's response. Eager to see if they love it and how it tastes and talk about it. It is quick and I don't think people notice it. Anyway, I imagine Ephron was similar. It sounds like sharing a meal with her would have been quite something indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment