Friday, June 1, 2012

good night and goodbyes.

Last night was Mike's last night in the District. I am sad about this. I was so busy and stressed this year that I never really showed him everything I love about DC in his short time down here. But now he is off on a grand adventure to Berlin and Turkey for who knows how long...very exciting!

So, Ben and Mike and I went out to dinner to celebrate it all! We headed up to 2Amys for some pizza because there is no better place. We actually hadn't been up there in over a year and it was fantastic.
The pizzas were as good as before. Service fantastic. We even got to sit out on the back porch and enjoy the beer and cool weather! How good do these pizzas look?!
 And the soupy pepperonis? So good!!!
This was the seasonal special with zucchini and burrata. 
Naturally, afterwards, we headed down to Thomas Sweet to make this a proper DC farewell. They have actually updated the flavor boards...much neater now than before.
 It was lovely. We ate our ice cream outside at a picnic table as you should!

Unfortunately, the night had to end with goodbyes. I hate goodbyes. Not very good at them and they make me sad. That said, incredibly happy for Mike! I can't wait to read his blog, see the pictures, hear his stories, get postcards in the mail, and have a best friend doing incredible things in the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment