Tuesday, November 27, 2012

salad queen.

Our friend Sarah is the queen of salads. She invites me over for a BBQ now and I immediatly wonder, will she be making salad? When she is like "let's grab a drink or dinner", I think, why don't you invite me over and make me salad?! If she ever asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I would be like, "hey Sarah, why don't you make me salads for lunch every day this year". Seriously.  They are so good.

She told me last year her secret is to just add more ingredients. Pack that salad bowl full of stuff!  Anyway, I have been craving salads and vegetables for the last couple days. And last night on my walk home, I got the brilliant idea to ask her for more salad secrets and figured I would share with all of you her sage advice.  You're welcome!

"Alright do you want a sweet salad? more savory? I would go with either a romaine/spring mix blend with beets, pistachios, apple, pear and goat cheese OR romain/spring mix with cherry tomatoes, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, olives, feta. Dressing for the first: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Dressing for 2: olive oil and balsamic glaze drizzled over top." 

No comments:

Post a Comment