Wednesday, September 5, 2012

long weekend.

Back again! Walloon with Jordan + Hannah + Stella was great. Ben and I got up there on Friday night and left Monday afternoon. It was short but we got good quality time, ate well, swam and sat on the dock, swung by the Boyne City Farmer's Market, ate at the Lake Street Market and stopped into Kilwins for good measure. We also got coffee one morning at American Spoon in Petoskey, went for a couple runs along South Shore Drive, followed Stella up and down up and down the stairs! We wanted more time to read and relax. Ben and I also owe Hannah and Jordan a serious game of bananagrams but it was a fantastic Labor Day Weekend.

One of my favorite views of the lake.

 Car show at the farmer's market...we all fell in love with this wagon. 


Ben brought up meat from his Ann Arbor butcher...

Off the end of the dock...

Kilwins was had (Ben and I also made a stop in Ann Arbor before I headed for the airport). 

Afternoon beers on the dock....

Lake Street Market in Boyne for sandwiches...

 True foot therapy in blue Walloon waters...

After a long drive south to Ann Arbor, Ben and I grabbed a quick dinner at Frita Batidos...I loved this touch on the picnic tables!

And now, I am mentally prepared for fall to come. Scott is coming to visit this week and my Dad next week as life starts moving quickly again. Cheers to a great summer!

1 comment:

  1. We're so glad you and Ben joined us. We loved seeing you both. Two times in two months!

    ReplyDelete