Monday, September 24, 2012

to-do.

Unlike in past years, I am actually ready for the fall and looking forward to it. This summer was packed with activity and even felt over-scheduled at times. Weekends and weeknights were booked up to the point that I don't think I spent more than five nights just in the apartment hanging out. But, there were still some things on my summer list that there just wasn't time for. So, with the end of summer, I still have the beginnings of my summer to-do list for next year. Here are the top three must-dos for next year...goodbye summer and hello fall!

1. Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

I have written about it before (click here for last year's post) and it is still topping my list. And to add to it, I was in Pitango a couple weeks ago chatting with the barista and he said I have to think about going up on a Tuesday to hit the Root's Country Market, in addition the Lancaster Central Market.  Good to know, good to know!

2. Assateague Island. 

I have been keeping this one in my back pocket for a while. This is a National Park split between Virginia and Maryland and from all my reading on it, it is gorgeous. Not to mention, the island has wild horses. True story. I am making this a real priority to get to as soon as possible!


3. Harper's Ferry River Tubing.

I made a last-ditch effort to make this happen in August, but it wasn't meant to be. Seeing how this is just a nice, leisurely afternoon activity, I am sure it will be happening next summer. Tubes + Shenandoah River makes for a good time...can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment