Friday, September 28, 2012

mirror mirror.

All of a sudden in the middle of the night last night, my beloved standing mirror fell over and shattered. It was obviously startling. I sat straight up in bed very confused, came to, surveyed the damage and like the sleeping champ I am, promptly went back to sleep. But, I am so disappointed (not to mention perplexed...I have no idea what happened. No window open. No earthquake. Odd!). I have had that mirror for years and it was the perfect, wooden framed, not too generic mirror. Not to mention, mirrors are so expensive. So the short story is I am now on the hunt for a full length mirror. I am going to try and take my time, spend carefully, find a deal, and also something that has some character.

A quick look on Craigslist this morning and I saw this post which gives me hope...


And I love this oversized antique look...

If you have suggestions on where to hunt, let me know. Otherwise, you can probably find me at flea markets, eastern market, the next flash sale, and Good Wood looking for possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment