Friday, June 28, 2013

Hill Center.

Something I have really missed about NYC is the 92nd Street Y. I went there a good deal when I lived in the city and towards the end, I was going more and more. I loved the community in there. I frequented the lectures (Gloria Steinem and Cornel West to name the last two I saw), tried the yoga classes there and just all around loved it. For anyone who has never been, it is incredible. It was started in 1874 and the Y provides all sorts of programs. Exercise, Jewish culture, travel, classes, a nursery school, senior programming, events, shows, so so much! Oh my god, do I love the 92nd Street Y!

Part of it of course can't be recreated outside NY. It has a history and draws such an interesting crowd and incredible events but I have missed it since the day I left. Well, I have new hope. The Hill Center at the Old Naval Hospital. Don't get me wrong, nothing can compete with the 92nd Street Y, but I happened upon an article earlier this week that mentioned it and there is promise, I can't wait to go and check it out. There are all sorts of programs and opportunities and the building is beautiful. Just take a look...
Raise your hand if you want to go with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment