Sunday, May 11, 2014

mom day.

I know that my love of NPR, my appreciation of the Kentucky derby, my knowledge of all things Abraham Lincoln, my love of sports and travel, my stubborn streak, my cravings for grapefruits in January, my interest in history and peoples, and even my life now in DC is in large part if not all thanks to my Mom. And I know that I am so lucky, so fortunate to have such a caring and invested mother.

How did my Mom do it? How did she raise four kids?? I am more and more amazed by this feat every day. I know for years while we were growing up she didn't have enough time to finish a book a year. I know that she wanted to stay home with us but that for years she also gave up her career and work to be able to do it. I know that there is so much more that we don't even know that she sacrificed and did for us.

Thank you Mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment