Thursday, May 30, 2013

rack it.

I have not been enthusiastic at the idea of a clothing rack in the house. If there is one thing that this house lacks it is closet space. In the master bedroom, down the line, there is actually some space to extend one of the closets very easily. We have also been talking about finding an old armoire that I can DIY to put in the second bedroom. But in the immediate, we do have a bit of a storage challenge. Ben has mentioned a couple times that we might just have to get a clothing rack and I tend to change the subject!

But I try to stay open to things and that got me thinking that there must be attractive garment racks out there, right? And then I found this inspiration....

This particular rack from Brackish would put us back $1350. So yeah, that's not happening. But talk about inspiration for an easy put together. And with just a little searching, apparently I am not the only one who had this idea. For about $70-80 of materials, this person put one together and also this one

I am intrigued...very intrigued. If for nothing else the basement. 

All this is not to say that I am ready for a clothing rack. Far from it. Baby steps though...

No comments:

Post a Comment