Tuesday, May 7, 2013

fabric time.

Moving day and house projects are coming down the pipe fast. You know what else is coming soon? The folding chairs! (Click here if you need a refresher on what I am talking about.) Emmy is bringing them in her car (god bless her) and so I am on the hunt for some fabric to recover them. My initial plan was to use some of the fabric from my Africa collection. But, upon further thought, I am not sure I will have enough to cover a collection of chairs with all the same fabric and I don't want it to turn into a hodge-podge of designs and colors. So with that in mind, I have had my eye out for good patterns and sales. Early this morning, I was window shopping on Lewis & Sheron Textiles and Mood Fabrics. I'm still not sure what to go with, so here are some of my latest thoughts...

I am definitely bias toward geometric patterns. Chevron perhaps...

Though I have been tiring of all the chevron everywhere....so maybe something in the same family but a touch different...
I could always go the stripe route. And I could probably find the same stripe pattern in different colors to add some variation...
These outdoor patterns might work as well, but I'm not loving the colors. 

But then, I'm also kind of loving these two Ikat patterns!


Could even try a good plaid.

And then I found these two patterns, which I am loving right now and they are topping the list. What do you think? I can do both colors and the pattern isn't too big for the chair and not too small.

What do you think, do you love or hate any of these? I am also thinking maybe I should just hunt down a classic polka dot and go with that. Choices, choices!

1 comment: