Saturday, December 17, 2011

early scouting.

As promised, I am reporting back on an early trip to Tortilla Coast. ML and I stopped in for dinner and here is what I got for you (full disclosure: this was their soft landing so they are still working out the kinks).

                       
                         Ambiance - 3.5
                                 Food - 3.5
                              Service - 4.5

In short, not quite sure. The ambiance and design had so much potential and yet, why or why, did they opt for any kind of upholstered seating? It also just doesn't have much character or personality. Our meal was solid. The guacamole was actually very good. For entrees, we ordered the Mama's Enchiladas and Fish Tacos, and both fit the bill but nothing creative or new. (Note: I can't say anything about the drinks since I was on a quick study break). Our service was very good. Bordering on too attentive and they did mess up ML's tacos but the manager and waiter were so apologetic about it, it more than made up for it.

I guess what I conclude is, yeah, the food was good but it is just as good (if not a little better) 5 blocks up at El Centro DF and for the same price point you actually get some character, or at least some kind of concept and energy with the dining experience.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment